Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 625MG servo Question

Old 04-23-2004, 09:22 PM
twostroker
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 625MG servo Question

I have dual 625MG servos on my elevators and one sevo is faster than the other, or one servo is slower, whichever you perfer. I have ailevator function on my radio so each servo has it's own channel. My radio is a Futaba 9C with a 8 channel PCM receiver and redundant battery/switches.

Both elevator surfaces are tuned to move up and down the same amount using the ATV function, but the slower servo will go past that point, during full deflection, then return to it's assigned position with a slight twitching movement. If I give the gimbel a full up and down on 3D rates it looks as if the elevators are doing "The Wave" like at a football game.

This was noticed today after making the first flight of the year on this airplane. It did not do it last fall. I thought something may have gone wrong with my radio, so I dumped the model, and reset the whole thing with no change. The servos for this plane are about 8 months old with about 3 hours on them, so I do not think it could be worn out already, especially since the others are doing fine. I am lost on this one, any help would be nice.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:47 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec 625MG servo Question

Typically this problem is attributed to the TX in use or more specifically the software update frame rate. Check with Futaba for additional information of this.

Its always possible one of the servos is not working within specification. I'd reverse the servo leads at the RX to the elevator servos and note if the problem stays with the servo or the channel in play.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:38 AM
twostroker
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec 625MG servo Question

Good idea Mike. I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Tim