Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS-225 on 6.0 volts- erratic

Old 04-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Spoon-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-225 on 6.0 volts- erratic

I have just finished a UCD 3D .46. I put 225's in the tail for the elevators. I went with a 6.0 volt pack for the extra speed and torque. Before I connected the control surfaces to the servos, I programmed my radio to get the servos working in the right directions. As I went to test, the servos acted erratic. With the first, tiny input (one way) both elevator servos went from stop to stop and then centered. Both servos traveled about 180 degrees. One of the sevos actually stripped some gears. All of the other servos worked flawlessly (HS-635HB, HS425BB, HS-81). I tried the system with a 4.8 volt pack and the problem did not replicate. As soon as I use the 6.0 volt pack the problem shows up again. With the first input to elevator, both servos travel from end to end and then center. These are brand new servos. Any help would be appreciated.

Spoon
Old 04-26-2004, 11:26 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HS-225 on 6.0 volts- erratic

These servo should function on 6.0V without issue.

Do you have a boosted or reversing wye or extension in play?
Old 04-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Spoon-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes. They are on separate channels going through 2 standard 24" extensions. They are in a UCD .46 as elevators. As I understand it, the long cable run lessens any affect that a fully charged 6 volt pack 'could' cause. I did talk to someone at Hitec and they just said "Send them back. they shouldn't do that". So hopefully it was just a freak incidence.

Spoon
Old 04-27-2004, 05:59 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Spoon-RCU

yes. They are on separate channels going through 2 standard 24" extensions. They are in a UCD .46 as elevators. As I understand it, the long cable run lessens any affect that a fully charged 6 volt pack 'could' cause. I did talk to someone at Hitec and they just said "Send them back. they shouldn't do that". So hopefully it was just a freak incidence.

Spoon
Sounds like you have extensions from two channel ports of the RX driving the elevator servos? Are these standard extensions? No gadgets like boosters/amplifiers/wyes/reversing circuits in use?