Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Gears Constantly Stripping

Old 04-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Crash Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gears Constantly Stripping

I have several of the HS-300 servo's and bought several sets of replacement gears a while back. It seems that since I started using these replacement gears, the slightest bump will damage the gears - break off teeth, etc.

Is it possible that these gears have been setting around somewhere for a long period of time and maybe dried out and/or become brittle?

I like the Hitec servo's because the seem to be able to handle some abuse, but since I have been using these replacement gears, if a fly happens to land on a control surface and I end up with damaged gears. H E L P!!!

Also, I would like to know if using white lithium bearing grease would be an acceptable alternative to the traditional "servo" grease that I can not find locally?

Thanks,
Old 04-29-2004, 07:50 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gears Constantly Stripping

What’s your application, model type?

This is most definitely not a common problem to be the best of my knowledge. As far as shelf life and the gears becoming brittle, I don't think that's typically a problem. BUT who knows.

Which gear is breaking as you note with the least amount of shock or bump being introduced?
Old 04-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Crash Master

Application is a simple trainer in particular case. As for which gear, it varies and is never the same gear each time. One time it will just chip a tooth or 2 of a gear. Other times it will take many teeth from most of the gears.

I've have always had good luck with Hitec stuff, but this is getting to be a real headache.

Thanks,
Old 04-29-2004, 11:45 AM
canavanbob
My Feedback: (20)

It could possibly be the steel pins that hold/locate the gears in the housing is either worn or even broken. This can cause misalignment of the gears. Check th casing closely.

Bob