Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

eclipse 7 mode change

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 10:55 AM
SALMONBUG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default eclipse 7 mode change

hello fellas,

here is a question.

I fly with JR material, but I am actualy coaching a newbee. This guy bought a second hand eclipse 7 set in mode 1 (throttle on the right stick), he wants to change to mode 2 (throttle on the left)

What should he do ?
Old 05-16-2004, 05:43 PM
RCsnoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: eclipse 7 mode change

Hi guys,

I'm the newbie !

I've one more question related to that mode change.
I saw that all the switches of the radio doesn't have the same function in the two modes... If I switch my modes, will it only change stick assignment, or will it also change these switches ?
The problem isn't only that the labels won't match anymore, but that some switch aren't of the same type (2 position switches, 1 position switches (trainer switch)), and some of the functions of these switches are swapped between the 2 modes...

I hope everybody understood my question... and that somebody as an answer

SnooP
Old 05-27-2004, 01:44 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In order to effect a MODE change the TX will have to be returned to Hitec Service for a conversion, switch allocation is uneffected I believe...
Old 05-27-2004, 07:22 AM
RCsnoop

Having it returned to hitec would have cost quite a lot, and would have me wait for a while...
I knew people succeeded in changing the mode themselves, but they never said how...

So I opened the TX, tried to understand it, understood it, and finally.. changed it

The 'work' isn't that hard, there are 2 jumpers on the PCB you have to change. These one put the throttle either on the left, or on the right stick.

Once you've done that, the mode is changed, the problem after that is that the 'spring' stick is now the throttle (quite a problem) and that the 'ratchet' stick is the elevator (not that much a problem, but quite annoying anyway...

The ratchet is easy to change, a screw, and that's all... but for the spring, the problem is that the mechanism is only on ONE of the stick... I read people succeeded to change it from one stick to the other, but that seemed quite hard to do...
Not wanting to destroy the TX, I just unsoldered the two stick, and inversed them...

People might say me !QUOT!then, why not just change the connectors on the PCB ??!QUOT! just because these are too small ...

But finally, it is done, after about one small hour (including tests, to check everything was right), without having to wait and without having to open my wallet...
Old 05-27-2004, 08:21 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your of the do it yourself crowd its great that your able to effect the changes yourself.

Have fun
Old 09-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Javier Garcia

Where are the jumpers?
Could you take a photo?
Thanks
Old 06-30-2008, 03:21 AM
102.VO_DonZorro

ORIGINAL: Javier Garcia

Where are the jumpers?
Could you take a photo?
Thanks
Hi MASTER!!!

Could You send a photo to me as well??

THNKS
Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Brendan Lugo

Holy dead threads batman! This one was dug up from 4 years ago. Put the shovel away.

**Please PM the user instead of digging up old threads. Thanks.