Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 555 receivers; repair process?

Old 07-08-2002, 12:58 AM
Nuker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 555 receivers; repair process?

Hi Mike,

sorry for a probably weak question. I use the Hitec 555's in my smaller planes up here in Canada. Recently a spate of "incidents" left me with 2 broken receivers. We have a gentleman in Toronto, retired engineer, who provides out of warranty repairs, builds his own engines etc. he's rather famous up here and gladly checks out electronics for us.

Anyway he told me one was merely a broken antennae and he re-attached it and it works fine after testing on a scope and in the field. The other one, he advised me, is suseptible (??) to vibration. Meaning if I shake the receiver, all the servos move. He had suggested that I sent this one back to Hitec if I felt it was worthwhile. I already bought a replacement receiver from my LHS (yup another 555).

Given the exchange, transport and probably duty on return, is it worth it to send it to you folks for an estimate? A new one up here cost about $110 Cdn ($70US). Would you also, by any chance, have a Canadian distributer I could send it to? If you think it's worth it, what would be the process.

I've seen info on your website but it doesn't mention estimates.

Many thanks

Bob aka Nuker
Old 07-08-2002, 10:09 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

A repair will rarely cost more than $25, so it is typically always worth it to send it in.

Mike.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:53 PM
Nuker

Thanks Mike,

I'll send it in then

Bob aka Nuker