Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Servo Noise Immunity

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 03:03 PM
GadgetMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Noise Immunity

I have an FS8 Co-pilot receiver and 5 HS422 servos. The aileron servos are mounted in the wings (about 28 to 30 inch cable run to the RX). I was having frequent radio hits (signal loss of more than a second, and sudden twitches in the ailerons). After a couple conversations with FMA tech support, I tried using twisted cable for the aileron runs. No more hits. One question I could not get resolved was whether or not the common mode interference (which a twisted cable would reduce) was causing problems through the receiver or directly into the aileron servos.
This leads me to my question. What kind of noise immunity does an HS422 servo have? If its poor, is it better when you go to digital servos?
As I said, the problem is fixed (for now), but I am still curious.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:56 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Servo Noise Immunity

All servos would have the same susceptibility to external noise through the wires.

Mike.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:10 PM
GadgetMann

Default RE: Servo Noise Immunity

Do you have any information on what that sensitivity is?