Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5925's, slop in gear train

Old 07-15-2002, 02:25 PM
jelaird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5925's, slop in gear train

I have (2) 5925's just installed for ailerons and a 5945 on rudder in a 27% plane. ( not flown yet). I noticed some slop in the gear train of the 5925's and thought it was acceptable but after installing some 1.25" servo arms, the ailerons have way to much play at center and I don't want to risk flutter. This play is in the servo itself disattached from linkages. The 5945 on the other hand, has zero play at center. Is this normal on this model # or should I send them in.
Jack
Old 07-19-2002, 04:03 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5925's, slop in gear train

The long arms will exaggerate any small amount of slop in the gears. What I have found is that the gears when rotated inside compared to each other it can affect the amount of slop since the tolerances can be minutely different. This is why some servos are tighter than others with exactly the same gears. A little extra grease will also help. This is the same with every servo on the market.

Mike.