Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Gyro info

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 07:59 AM
mike f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyro info

I am using a Hitec Eclipse 7 Tx with a Hitec 8 channel Rx and a single rate, single axis Hitec GY-130 Gyro (which I believe are no longer available). I do not have the additional ‘Remote Gyro Gain Control device #44340’, which makes the GY-130 a duel rate device.
This is being used in a JR Venture 30 model helicopter.
I have plugged the rudder ‘yaw’ servo into the gyro lead #1 and the gyro lead #2 is plugged into channel 4, and the gyro lead #3 which should be plugged into the ‘Remote Gyro Gain Control device’ is plugged into channel 5, (as shown on page 8 of the instruction manual).
After all that carry on, what I would like to know is:
1 Do I have the leads plugged into the right channels (on page 42 of the manual it says to plug the gyro into channel 7 if you have a dual rate device, I do know mine is a single rate device)?
2 With the leads plugged into their existing positions can the gyro ‘gain’ be changed in the ‘GYRO’ setting of the Tx?
3 What is the difference between a ‘single rate’ and a ‘dual rate’ device?
4 Should I scrap the GY-130 and use something different?
5 If so, what would you recommend and would I be able to change the gain with the Tx?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2004, 10:52 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gyro info

Wish I could help but we don't have any paperwork readily available on this dated equipment.

Typically the single rate gyros were set once and you forget them.

Dual rate gyros were able to operate with a high and low rate setting and or be turned on or off, model dependent.

I recommend a NEW gyro, the products available today have evolved considerably.