Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Eclipse 7 swamps reciever

Old 07-20-2004, 05:21 PM
djlyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Eclipse 7 swamps reciever

I bought a new Eclipse 7 transmitter with the Spectra Synthesized modul and it swamps my 92777 Airtronics reciever when I get within 10 to 15 feet of the plane with the transmitter antenna extended. With the antenna collapsed there is no problem. Ground range with the antenna collapsed is over 80 ft. I didn't go further out. The reciever has had a lot of flight time and has never glitched. I have been currently flying it using an Airtronics RD6000 transmitter with no problems. The RD 6000 won't swamp the reciever even with the antennas laying along side each other. I bought the Hitec transmitter for the dual rate and expo on the rudder plus single switch control of 3D functions. I'm using channel 25.

Is this a common or expected condition.

Denis
Old 07-20-2004, 06:06 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Eclipse 7 swamps reciever

We have heard of some older Airtronics reicevers not working properly with the Spectra module but we have been able in most cases to make an adjustment to allow it to work. Contact [email protected] to discuss your options.

Mike.