Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec service issues for Mike

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 07:04 PM
N55340
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec service issues for Mike

Mike,
I have nothing but great things to say about Hitec's service. Sent in an Evo 12 and a servo programmer a little of 2 weeks ago and received them today.

My complaint is the description of the service performed on the units. For the servo programmer which had a garbled display the note was "software upgrade". Possible if the software had been corrupted, but how it got corrupted sort of distrubes me.

The Evo I sent in would not take a charge. I was fairly sure I had plugged the charger in wrong and fully expected a bill for the damage although Hitec didn't send one. The description of the repair was "main board". What I found strange was that if the techs replaced the main board, why were all my models I had saved still in memory. Do your techs take the time to download a radio and reload it? If so, I have to give your service department 2 thumbs up. Loading the latest software on the radio was also a nice touch.

Anyway, my point is that a better description of the service performed and what may have caused it would be helpful. Instead of just getting a "main board" for my Evo repair, if I got something like "some dumbass plugged the charger in wrong and broke the socket" would be much better, or even "the charging circuit failed in the main board, we backed up the models, replaced the board and restored the models". I think folks would like to know what happened and why if possible to insure it doesn't happen again.

Just my thoughts. Thanks again for the great service.

Barry
Old 09-18-2004, 10:04 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec service issues for Mike

Sounds like a viable concern and the additional info would have been nice. We'll forward your concerns to the Hitec's Service Department for consideration.

In the mean time contact the Service Department for the additional information you desire directly at:

[email protected] or call (858) 748-8440, have the service tag number available.