Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Flash 5X Problems

Old 02-28-2005, 10:58 AM
jarchu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash 5X Problems

HELP Ive been rc for a few years and cant figure this problem out. I purchased a Flash 5 Complete radio with servos. It works flawlessly. I recently purchased a another hitec reciever model Supreme Shift Select 7Ch FM RX with Hitec 475BB Servos and a 425BB for the throttle. I mounted this on the rascal 110 powered with a G26. WITHOUT THE ENGINE RUNNING the elevator servo slightly glitches sometimes. We are in a vary remote area and no possible radio interferance. My first thaught was the servo so I put in another servo that i knew work on the elevator (425bb) same problem. I decided to try my older Hitec Laser 4 and now works flawless. I also had a bad experiance with the rascal an ailron servo was halfworking in the air after landing it I switched the radio on and off and appeared to fix the problem. (Flash 5X). After this Im using only now the laser 4. (To bad I like aileron/rudder mixing on 5x). Now we would all agree its something with the Flash 5x but why dont I have these problems with the orginal reciever it came with? I dont have reciever model handy but its a hitec tiny reciever which is in my duraplane and came orginally with the flash 5. I also forgot to mention Im using a NI MH 2300ma 4.8V battey with a reciever tester and no my voltages are good. The flash 5X Transmitter voltage is 10.1 Volts. Range checks on both 5X and laser 4 are about 100 feet (Exception to the odd elevator glitch on the 5x which happens at any range with anttena up/down.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: Flash 5X Problems

Double check the jumper plug in the receiver to make sure it is set to a negative shift so that it matches the transmitter. Also you may want to try programming the plane on a different model memory to see if it also exhibits the same elevator glitch.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:45 PM
jarchu

What do you mean negative shift???
Old 03-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Brendan Lugo

The receiver you have is the shift select version. It has a jumper plug that stays in the bottom slot that is marked select. Depending on which 2 pins get jumped it makes the receiver positive shift (for use with JR and Airtronics transmitters) or negative shift (for use with Hitec or Futaba transmitters). There should be a sticker with a diagram on the end of the receiver (next to where the servos plug in to the receiver) that will show you which 2 pins to jump to change the shift.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:19 AM
jarchu

Ok all check into this but why does it work alright using the hitec laser 4
Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Brendan Lugo

It should show the same problem with the Laser as it did with the Flash. You may also want to try the reset function in the radio to set the memory back to the factory defaults; then try the setup again and see if the elevator servo still glitches. You could also try a different model memory for testing purposes.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:53 AM
jarchu

Actually on the Hitec Laser 4 It works without a problem. I talked to the hitec techs they say send the flash 5 down. I wouldnt argue this but why does it work on the hitec slim receivers but not on supereme 7 channel. I even tried it on another 7 channel supereme hitec and same problem. It appears that the flash 5 has a thing for those recivers?. As for the cheap laser 4 it works great on all hitec recievers. i will probably send the flash 5 down for repair i cant see it being anything. It just sucks owing the radio for one month and this happens. But least I didnt crash any planes. [>:]
Old 03-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Brendan Lugo

I am not sure why it is only working with the one receiver and not the others. There is definantly something strange going on with it. Send the Flash 5 in to us so a technician can test it out. You may also want to include a copy of this thread with it so the tech has more info on what has been tried already.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:56 PM
jarchu

Thanks I will shipped it soon. In the meantime I have ordered an Eclipse Air Spectra 7 Channel I think this will do the the trick and when I receive the Flash 5 back I will either sell it or keep it as a backup Jared