Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec feather receiver charging

Old 03-05-2005, 11:41 AM
eggvoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec feather receiver charging

[
Old 03-05-2005, 11:48 AM
eggvoel

Default RE: Hitec feather receiver charging

I should have read the directions on how to do these forums so I am replying to myself to get out my question.
I just recieved a new Hitec laser 4 transmitter, feather receiver. The AC charger that came with it has a male end for the receiver and the receiver end from the switch has a male end. Also included is a DC (4aaa) battery pack with a female end. How do I charge the receiver? This all new to me and the directions don't mention anything about the DC power pack. I'll be using a ESC so I shouldn't need the power pack. Should I just cut off the ends and resolder so I'll have the right connections? I'll call Hitec on Monday, but I was hoping I might be able to get my 1st flight in tomorrow. thanks. Larry
Old 03-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Brendan Lugo

The wall charger on the receiver charge lead will have a felame end on it. It will mate with a rechargable battery. If you are using the AAA battery box and switch you will not need the wall charger receiver lead as your batteries will most likely be alkaline and throw aways not rechargable. Also since you are using a ESC on your model, it will have a BEC circuit so you wont even need to use the AAA battery box and switch.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:52 PM
eggvoel

Thanks Brendon. I figured it out later, but couldn't figure out how to cancel my question so I wouldn't take up anyones time. This is all new to me and I'll just relate another problem for what it was worth. When I went to hook up the servo's, my throttle was on the airlerons! Couldn't figure that one out for awhile until I reread some of the articles I've been saving the past 2 years and the article said on ESC's that normally you hook it to the throttle circuit. I had hooked to the battery circuit which seemed logical to me.
I kind of wish the manufactures of this stuff would pay a little more attention to details for us newcomers. Thanks again for your help.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:20 AM
ZeekWorld

Hi guys,
I have a little bit of trouble with my brand new feather receiver.
I got a brand new receiver feather 4ch that i want to use with my new optic 6, when i got the receiver y plugged the battery on channel 4 and two servos on 1 & 2 just for test porposes. Everything looked good at that time, the problem is when i turn on the optic, the servos will start to move fast on any directions without stopping. I'm using a single conversion hitec crystal, which i share also with a HFS-04MG Negative Shift and works great. I thought it was a factory defect and i sent ti to hitec to repair. I've been told that it had a twicking problem and was fixed. I got the receiver back yesterday, and when trying to test it the same thing happened. I'm not shure i'm doing something wrong.
It's ok to plug the battery in channel 4 and test it with two servos?
The receiver is a negative shift. Do you think is the optic 6 not getting along with the feather receiver?
Just a few lines from you guys will be a lot of help.
Thank you for your time.
My email is [email protected]
Zeek Ferraros.