Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5245 Dead

Old 09-23-2002, 11:58 AM
3Dreaming
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5245 Dead

I was at a fly-in this past weekend and went to fly my airplane. When I turned on my radio the elevator was dead. No humming, no jumping, nothing. Is it possible to loose the program in a servo? Should I try to find someone with a programmer to check it? Should I just send it in? This is the second servo of four that has had a problem. Thanks for the help. Tom
Old 09-23-2002, 06:54 PM
MikeMayberry

Default 5245 Dead

I would send it in and let us check it out. What size is the airplane?

Mike.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:34 AM
3Dreaming

Default 5245

Mike, the airplane is a Sledge from Morris hobbies. It is a profile type with a Saito .72. I have used 225's in this type airplane,and flown it hard with out any problems. I had flown the airplane earlier in the week, and everything was OK. This time I turned the radio on to start the plane, and noticed I had no elevator movement. Tom
Old 10-29-2002, 06:26 PM
3Dreaming

Default Servo

Mike, I just received a couple servos back from you guys. The servo in question in this post states no problem found. The day I had the problem I plugged the servo into other channels, and it still did not work. I went to a hobby shop and bought a 225MG installed it and flew the same day. It concerns me to put this servo back in a airplane, and to make the problem worse there were 2 servos in the box and I don't know which is which. The RMA# is 29557. Do you have any thoughts on what I should do? Thanks for the help. Tom
Old 10-30-2002, 04:37 PM
MikeMayberry

Default 5245 Dead

I would test them on the bench and if you feel there is still something wrong contact Tony our service manager at mailto:[email protected]

Mike.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:28 PM
3Dreaming

Default Servos

Mike, the servo worked fine for 3 months then I turned the switch on and it didn't work. Will this happen again like this, or will it quit in the air, or will it be fine from now on? I realize anytime you make a flight there could be a failure, but I don't want to ask for trouble. Tom