Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec HFS-05MS 5-Channel SC Micro Receiver

Old 04-04-2005, 10:37 AM
The Virginian
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec HFS-05MS 5-Channel SC Micro Receiver

Several months ago, I tried to order a Hitec HFS-05MS 5-Channel SC Micro Receiver. The receiver was never made available to the place where I placed the order and has now disappeared from the Hitec website. Even though I contacted Hitec, I have never been able to find out if this receiver ever even existed. Does anyone know what happened?

Old 04-04-2005, 11:53 AM
tohm

Default RE: Hitec HFS-05MS 5-Channel SC Micro Receiver

Those receivers are still not available. Should be in the stores in the next couple of months.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:52 PM
The Virginian

This receiver appears on the Hitec website and then disappears only to reappear and then disappear again. Sometimes the website has said that the receiver was available for immediate order and other times the website has said that it could be back-ordered. Currently there is no mention of it on the website. When I ordered the receiver 9 months ago, it was supposed to be available in less than a month. What I would like to know is whether this receiver ever existed or was it just an idea that some designer had for a future project that Hitec might produce some day. I've been hearing "Should be in the stores in the next couple of months" for almost 9 months now. I've also heard that pigs fly better than most birds. At this point, I think that both statements have about equal credibility with the pig statement perhaps having a slight edge.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:23 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 05MS RX exists and has for some time; we've been flying them for six months or better. Josh used them at this years ETOC in Ohio just this last weekend. Beta testing on the updated models is nearly complete; we'll see the 05MS in the future. Nailing down an exact date is not plausible at this time. Given a few months time you'll likely be rewarded.

Its unfortunate things are delayed for whatever reason, unfortunately Hitec is guilty of wishful anticipation and production delays, it’s no excuse, however it is prevalent in this industry like others. Please be patience with us, were all working hard at providing products that will meet and or exceed your needs.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:57 PM
The Virginian

Thank you. My e-mails to Hitec Customer Service were always answered with a generic "it will be available soon" response with no information regarding the delay. When I get, from a company, a generic response which does not answer my questions, I tend to suspect that either the company doesn't care about its customer's concerns or it's afraid that the truth might cost it some business. Hitec should never have announced that the receiver was available for purchase until after the Beta testing and should have told the truth when people started asking when they were going to get the receivers that they had ordered. I appreciate your honest response to my question. It's a shame that I had to go to an open forum instead of directly to Hitec in order to get the information I wanted.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:18 PM
The Virginian

Tower Hobbies is now saying early July. Are they just blowing smoke? No one else is even making a guess as to when these might become available.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:16 AM
The Virginian

Must have been just smoke because they're now saying late July. Oh well, it's only been a year since I ordered the receiver. At least now I have a better idea of what "available soon" means.