Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

EVO9 FLAPERON BUT NO AILERON CONTROL

Old 04-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Gyroguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO9 FLAPERON BUT NO AILERON CONTROL

I bought a new plane and I want to slow it down for landing with flaps. I have two servos for controlling ailerons. I want to use my ailerons as flaps (flaperons).

This is what I did with my EVO9:

1. Added a new mix “Flaperon” in Define Mixer
2. Assigned No. 1 as Aileron with Mix 2
3. Assigned No. 2 as Flap with Mix 2
4. Assigned switch G for activation.
5. In Mixture menu, I assigned % of throws for both spoiler and aileron.
6. In Servo Assignment, I assigned Channel 2 and 6 (my aileron servos) to Flaperon
7. When switch is pressed, the flaps are activated and I still have control over aileron.

The problem is, when the flaperon switch is off and flap is not activated, I have no controls of aileron.

Wahid
Old 04-10-2005, 08:10 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: EVO9 FLAPERON BUT NO AILERON CONTROL

The aileron input should not be assigned to mix2, or to any of the 3 mix switches. If you do that, you will be able to switch the aileron on and off, which is what has happened. In the mixer definition do not assign a Mix switch, leave it blank at the permanently "on" setting.

In fact the flap should also be left at the permanently "on" setting too, there is no need to assign it to a mix switch. The flap control will be assigned to a slider or a switch and that will control the flap going up and down. If you assign it a mix switch as well then the mix switch has to be moved to the on position before the flap slider/switch will work.

You did not need to make a new custom mixer for this. You could have used the standard Aileron+ mixer that is ready programmed into the Evo.

Harry
Old 04-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Gyroguru

How do you use assign a servo to Flap and Aileron at the same time?

Thanks

Wahid
Old 04-10-2005, 03:25 PM
HarryC

You did that by assigning the servo to a mixer that has aileron and flap as inputs.

H
Old 04-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Gyroguru

I removed the mix from Mix2. Now I have flap and aileron control without tuning on a switch. How do I assign slider E or F so I can control the flap function?

Wahid
Old 04-11-2005, 02:49 AM
HarryC

Go into the menu setup, assign, controls, select the flap control, activate it and move the slider E up and down, the letter E will appear next to flap in the menu.

H