Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Flash 5X voltage

Old 04-18-2005, 07:02 AM
dagks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Flash 5X voltage

Hello,

I have twice experinced that the voltage display on my Hitec Flash 5X went bananas. The voltage indicator was going up and down like a yo-yo - it was showing from below 4 Volts up to over 20 Volts. Both times this happened the radio had been charging overnight using a the standard Hitec wall-charger. On the plane (ground-testing) nothing would work properly, the servoe didn't center, flaperon didn't work. After waiting a while everything was normal, and since then I have always used a quick-charger to charge the battery. This has seemed to work, but this weekend I suddenly lost contact with my plane, nothing was working and the plane crashed. I don't know why, and I did'nt look at the voltage display. I was just happy my plane didn't cause injury to someone.
I guess I have to buy a new radio, becase I don't trust my old one nomore, but has anyone experienced something like this?
Old 04-18-2005, 10:37 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Flash 5X voltage

Sounds like you may have an intermittent malfunction within the TX.

Cycling the TX battery with a quick charger should be no problem as long as the appropriate settings are employed and the battery is removed form the TX.

Sorry about your model, in the future if you have any sort of problem as described it would behoove you to have the radio system or in your case the TX inspected by a knowledgeable service technician that can validate the airworthiness of your equipment.

Please do NOT use your radio system again until you have had it checked out or replaced.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:03 AM
dagks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I now use my Hitec radio on my simulator only. I have recently noticed that the voltage fully charged is appr. 9.8V. I guess that means that a cell in the battery pack is not working. Could that cell have caused the problems I had?
Old 09-19-2005, 09:53 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While 9.8V fully charged hot off charge seems a bit low, the TX should function without issue at this voltage level.