Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitech 635HB Servos for Sig Cap 231 EX ARF

Old 04-23-2005, 11:22 AM
stunt-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitech 635HB Servos for Sig Cap 231 EX ARF

I have to replace aileron servos in my Sig Cap EX ARF ( 75 in wingspan, 12 lb). I was using 605 BB's previously, and one failed after many flights. Would the 635HB be a suitable replacement. I fly mainly sport and IMAC, with some mild 3-D. Engine is a SuperTigre 2500 glow.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Old 04-25-2005, 02:08 PM
tohm

Default RE: Hitech 635HB Servos for Sig Cap 231 EX ARF

If using a single servo per surface, you would be at the maximum weight for the HS635 servos. Because you want to do some 3D and and the size of your engine, it might be better to go with the HS625 instead.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:42 AM
stunt-man

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your quick reply. I should have mentioned that I already have these servos, and would like to use them if at all possible. I plan to operate them at 6 volts. This increases the output torque of the servos to 83 oz-in, which would appear to be well above the suggested torque requirement of Sig.

Your additional comments would be appreciated.

Jeff
Old 04-26-2005, 02:13 PM
tohm

For the sport flying you mentioned, they should be fine. It was your comment about the possible 3D that I was concerned about. 12 pounds is at the weight limit we suggest for these servos when using one per surface.
For example: Two for the split elevator is considered two per surface.