Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Expo on Optic

Old 04-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Vismund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expo on Optic

Will expo also affect the slave channel when using flaperon/Spoileron/dual elevators on an Optic?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:43 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Expo on Optic

ORIGINAL: Vismund

Will expo also affect the slave channel when using flaperon/Spoileron/dual elevators on an Optic?
YES! The channels and or servos are linked when the mixes are activated. Same is true for Trims, Rates as well as Expo.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:50 AM
CFIMEI

Hi,

When I asked this question I was told that trim changes are NOT followed by slaved channels & I know this is true with my Optic. Has there been a change in firmware that has fixed this?

CFIMEI
Old 04-28-2005, 11:16 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

When using all the dedicated mixing (I.E. ail diff, flapperons, dual elevator, v-tail, etc...) the trims will all work properly on each control surface; it's only the p-mixes where the trims don't link to the slave. This is also true with other manufacturers systems until you get into the real high end radios.

Mike.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:57 PM
CFIMEI

Hi,

Yes, the control surfaces will directly follow their respective trim inputs; e.g. both ailerons follow aileron trim (except in CROW), elevator follows elevator trim, rudder follows rudder trim. But try this: Enable FLPN & activate E>F with a useful % of elevator to flapperon (ail) coupling. Then input some elevator trim. You will find ( if the same TX is being discussed) that the elevator will respond to that trim but not the ailerons, in unison, which are slaved to it when in FLPN mode. I think you are implying that they will. You may want to reconsider this when advising others.

CFIMEI
Old 04-28-2005, 06:10 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

I didn't imply that at all... In Flapperon mode the aileron trim affect both aileron servos. These are two control surfaces in Flap/Elev mixing so the trims should not link. The same holds true for air/rud mixing.. the user has to trim each individually. Trims will link where two servos are use for one function like ailerons, V-tail, and Dual elevator. You shouldn't have the flaps move when you trim the elevator in Flap/Elev mixing. This holds true in other manufacturers radios as well.

Mike.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:22 PM
CFIMEI

Hi,

Do you know what "obfuscation" or "conflation" means?

CFIMEI