Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6 Mode 1 and Mode 2

Old 04-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 Mode 1 and Mode 2

Hi,

Can you tell me if when I change the programming in the Optic 6 from Mode 2 to Mode 1, do I have to change the position of the plugs in the receiver, or are the channels automatically assigned to the receiver by the program.

This is important when I want to buddy box one Mode to the other Mode. If the channels are automatically reassigned, then they can be connected by a trainer cord and work OK, if not, they won't work OK.

Basically, when you reprogram Mode 2 to Mode 1, can the elevator servo remain in the same location on the receiver, and controlled by right stick in Mode 2, and by left stick when programmed to Mode 1?

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Old 04-28-2005, 01:34 PM
tohm

Default RE: Optic 6 Mode 1 and Mode 2

When you switch modes, the elevator and throttle move to different channels in the rx. So, in a trainer situation, the student should also be in the same mode.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the info. When we teach students we have to be able buddy box to their transmitters. I fly Mode 1 and usually between the same makes this is no problem.

I know with JR and Futaba that you can buddy box between Mode 1 and Mode 2.

Not being able to buddy box Hitec transmitters with different Modes would have created a problem for me.

Thanks for the information. As always, your help and quick response is appreciated.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Old 04-28-2005, 04:54 PM
tohm

Wayne,

I have to apologize, I must have been asleep when I answered your question. The receiver channel assignments don't change when you switch modes just the sticks do. Sorry if I caused any confusion.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Tony,

Thanks for getting back to me - I think my question was very difficult to phrase, and fell I may have been the one causing confusion. Mike got in on this one as well and agrees with your last statement.

I have ordered (backordered) an Optic 6 and will probably be selling my JR after I confirm everything.

Thanks again for all your help and quick response.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller