Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitech 5645mg not working with Y connector??

Old 04-30-2005, 04:18 AM
wolfcbr2003
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitech 5645mg not working with Y connector??

I have a ultimate that I am using hitech 5645 on the ailerons. I am using 5945 on the elevators, and a 5955 for the rudder,, Can anyone please explain to me why when I hook up a Y connector to the wings the 5645 wont work.. They work individually but when I hook up to the Y they quit.. If I try it with the 5945's they both work just fine,, Plenty of battery with a 4800 lith-ion regualted at 6.0 v. Totally lost.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:17 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitech 5645mg not working with Y connector??

Two things are prevalent when this occurs, Futaba PCM RX and v1/04 revision digital servos.

To date Hitec has realized there is an equipment compatibility issue with Futaba PCM RX’s and is in process of releasing an update for the v1.04 digitals that will alleviate the problem. Were talking about 30 days before the fix is available.

In the mean time those with Futaba PCM gear can utilize a wye or extension with a buffer, amplifier or isolator in-line and all works well. All that is required is to isolate the two servos from one another when they are driven from a single channel or RX source.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:00 AM
wolfcbr2003
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I get a buffer or etc... and can you give me more detail.. With this new software update expected in 30 days how do you upgrade them?? Do you have to send them in or get a programer box from hitech... Also can you explain why the 5945 work just fine... Yes I am running a Futaba PCM
Old 05-02-2005, 10:10 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 5945 you have is likely a v1.03 revison servo, thus it works OK on a wye..

The software upgrade mentioned is available for the programmer, this will the user to update servos. If you don't own a programmer you can have Hitec Service do the update for you at no charge.

Many offer extensinoins and wyes with are denoted with BOOSTED, BUFFERED or AMPLIFIED. They cost about $5.00 moe than standard stuff but offer isolated and or boosted signal control voltage.