Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Multiplex Evo 12

Old 05-02-2005, 04:06 PM
hoops
My Feedback: (121)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Evo 12

Okay, so after trying various initial set ups (i.e. Hotliner, Aerobatic, basic) with supplemental inputs I have not been able to find a way to program "Flaperons". I have dual servo set up for ailerons with differential, but after trying the various flaps and spoiler settings the only thing I was able to do was get one of the two ailerons to drop down, but not by switching are a slider, just dialed in as part of the sailplane set up. The plane is very clean aerodynamically and I want to lower the ailerons to slow it down. Once it get in ground effect it goes from one end of the runway to the other droping about 4 feet. If I had it to do over, I would have included separate flaps. Oh well.

Overall, it's pretty straight forward to program, as long as I forget my Japanese radio training.

thanks

Hoops
Old 05-02-2005, 05:37 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex Evo 12

There is an annoying error in the software, whenever you create a new model the flap fixed value is set to 20% instead of being set to OFF. This fixes the flaps at that value and no amount of wiggling switches or sliders will make them move. Go into Controls, Flap, you will see a Fixed Value parameter, alter it's value to OFF and then the assigned switch/slider will work.

You have to assign both the flaperon servos to the same mixer, such as the Aileron+ mixer. Set the aileron and flap travels in the mixers menu, then operate the flap switch/slider and it will work. If flaps are on a slider and you want them on a switch, re-assign the flap function in Setup, Assign, Controls. Bear in mind that any change is global for all models using that assignment list, so you may want to change the model over to one of the empty assignment lists and set up the controls and switches in that list.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
hoops
My Feedback: (121)

Harry,
Thanks. I could swear I tried that a couple of times. I must be doing the initial assignment wrong.
I have one aileron on channel 2 and the second on channel 6. When I went into the Aileron+ mixer it didn't seem to take/allow the input for assigning anything other than coupling things like the elevatro. I will start all over on the mixer as I don't remember at what point I tried to assign the flap slider.
It must be a combination of the "Assignment" subprogram/folder and the "Mixer" subprogam/folder that I missed the first 7 or 8 tries.
As I think about it, the servos are "Assigned" as noted, no other way really to assign differently. So something must be going on in the Mixer portion that I failed to access.

I do remember the manual indicating that as part of the "hotliner" setup the flaps are not activated. I assume that means until assigned or mixed.

I can't get anyone at our field to consider Multiplex. Too much fear, as no one until me has used on. I started with the Cockpit MM 7 channel. It was very easy to figure out.

Take care.

Hoops
Old 05-09-2005, 02:30 PM
jug8000

Hi Hoops
E mail me at jud@bcwireless i will try to tell you how get your flaprons to work
Wayne
Old 10-04-2005, 01:43 AM
NicholasT

HI,
I have a questions.

when I setup MPX Royal evo 12 to utilise the channel 10 - 12, why suddenly the norm change from UNI to MPX?
Does that mean that the pulse changed too ?
I noticed that the travel also limited to 100%.

All the centering that we made previously suddendly changed, what should I do ?

Should I use calibration to centre the servo ? or I should use MPX servos, which is not practical.

Currently I'm using JR and Hitec servos/

Thx a lot n Brg,
NICK