Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hey Mike, Receiver Compatability?

Old 09-29-2002, 09:59 PM
eness76-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Mike, Receiver Compatability?

Hi Mike. I just purchased the new JR R700 receiver from Horizon and when I plugged her in and shifted my Eclipse to transmit P nothing would work. I tested the receiver by changing out the crystal and using my brother's JR8103 with no problems. Do you think I got a bum crystal, or has JR come up with a way to keep us HITec guys from using their receivers? It acted like turning on the airplane before the transmitter you know, like upon switching it on the controls twitched and just stayed there like it wasn't receiving a signal. Any ideas you could give would be great. Thanks,
Eric
Old 09-30-2002, 03:34 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

I have not heard of any incompatibility issues with that receiver. What crystal are you using? Do you have the Spectra module?

Mike.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:37 PM
eness76-RCU

I'm using the JR crystal that came with the receiver. I don't have the spectra module. I must have gotten a bum crystal.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:10 PM
eness76-RCU

Default got a new crystal

Mike, I got a new JR crystal for the receiver yesterday, and now it receives a signal from the transmitter, but the channel plug labels do not correspond with the channel the eclipse is transmitting. That's hard to follow, let me simplify,
when I have the elevator servo plugged into the outlet that says elevator on the receiver, the elevator is actually controlled by the throttle on the transmitter. They're all mixed up except for the rudder, that one actually works properly with the rudder stick. The aileron stick actually controlled the throttle, so that ruled out a mode change, they're just all mixed up. Is this normal and no big deal, just plug them into which ever ones yield proper stick to surface movements? Or is my P shift malfunctioning?
Old 10-01-2002, 03:49 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

The channel assignment for JR is different than Hitec, and the rest of the industry for that matter. The channel assignment for Hitec is #1 Aileron, #2 elevator, #3 Throttle, and #4 rudder. Just plug the servos in to these channels to make it work properly.

Mike.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:08 PM
eness76-RCU

Hey thanks Mike, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks again,
Eric