Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Service Sucks!!!!!

Old 05-05-2005, 09:45 PM
gjmjoe017
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Service Sucks!!!!!

I bought new HS 125 MG servos from ServoCity and one was defective.I was told that I had to send the defective servo to Hitec so I did so.I paid extra to get it there in two days.It got there on Wed.of last week,so on Monday of this week I called to verifiy that it was there and a replacement had shipped out.I was told they hadn't had time to look at it yet and would try and do so this Friday.I informed them this was a defective new product,but it didn't seem to matter.I callled Servo City and offered to by a new servo if they would over night it to me and they refused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does the customer matter anymore???????????I am considering never bying another Hietc product again and I think you can see why.If a company and distributor don't stand behind the product,what good is it??????????
Old 05-05-2005, 11:33 PM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Hitec Service Sucks!!!!!

Call Servo City and speak to Tom. He's great. Made a problem of mine with Hitec equipment quickly go away.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:21 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Service about anywhere takes 3-5 days to process the parts. If the part was defective out of the box, why not return it to servo city? They should have replaced it right away. THE only stipuilation is that you return it in new condition with all packaging and materials.

I have good results from Hitec. While they may not expedite You can at least talk to the tech and find out what was the actual issue your product had. They are the good guys.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:11 AM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: gjmjoe017

I bought new HS 125 MG servos from ServoCity and one was defective.I was told that I had to send the defective servo to Hitec so I did so.I paid extra to get it there in two days.It got there on Wed.of last week,so on Monday of this week I called to verifiy that it was there and a replacement had shipped out.I was told they hadn't had time to look at it yet and would try and do so this Friday.I informed them this was a defective new product,but it didn't seem to matter.I callled Servo City and offered to by a new servo if they would over night it to me and they refused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does the customer matter anymore???????????I am considering never bying another Hietc product again and I think you can see why.If a company and distributor don't stand behind the product,what good is it??????????

Dude - you aren't going to get anywhere blasting these companies on open forum over a $34 purchase. This is not life support equipment.
No, you should not have received a defective servo, but it does happen. If you needed the servo so badly and were willing to pay expediting fees and 2-day postage why did not not just order another servo while the original was in for service ??? and then sell it later or keep it as a spare.

My guess is by the post here you went in with an inflammatory attitude over a small purchase expecting the red carpet treatement and got the cold shoulder ... surprise surprise. Tom has exchanged stuff for me on occasion, and I don't buy much from him.

It never ceases to amaze me that people are willing to roast these suppliers in public over a miniscule event. I buy THOUSANDS of dollars worth of high-end digital servos a year for my build projects. On the very rare occasion I get a bad one, and I have from both JR and Hitec, it normally takes a week or two to get a replacement no questions asked. Do I go into a tirade and berate the supplier because he won't bump me to the top of the list ?? Hell NO.

Bottom line is that DOAs happen. It is more common with cheap servos than it is with higher end ones, but this stuff is not problem free. There are thousands of customers out there and unfortunately, you are just one of them. Welcome to the real world.

DP

Old 05-06-2005, 08:52 AM
gjmjoe017

What does the size of the order have to do with it??? The fact is I paid for a brand new product and it was defective.I call there one week after they have received it and they tell me they haven't even looked at it and they will try to in a couple of days?Customer service is a very important part of running a business and the size of the order has nothing to do with it.I shouldn't have to buy another new servo just because they drop the ball.You can call it company bashing if you want,but nothing is going to change if guys like yourself except poor service and support to the end user.Probably as much as anything the lack of concern and the attitude that they will try to get to it in a couple of days is what I am upset about.I have a new plane sitting here ready to go and I have to wait and hope the get the time to take a look at the bad servo.Sorry,but I'm just telling it like it is!!!!And by the way Dude,have a great day!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Cub Man
My Feedback: (50)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always had great luck with Hitec. I work on Pc/s and with Audio and Video equipment. Most places when you send an item in no matter if it is new under warrant or out of warrant it all gets logged in as it comes in. Yes some places you can pay a higher dollar fee and get moved to front of the line. If it was defective out of the box, you should have sent it back to the place you bought it. You are not the only person sending something in to them and like most places they do not have a large number of tech repairing stuff.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:40 AM
famousdave

Thanks Dude!

I am ruthless when it comes to bad service and I will not tolerate it. I have had people in tears when service truly sucked. I am however understanding when a large company that deals with hundreds of thousands of customers takes a week or two to replace a defective product. Shear numbers alone just in mailings take days to process. We can't expect all companies to be like Wal-Mart.

I think you might have had better luck with Servo City had you made your point with them. If you lost your cool though, you probably gave up any chance of having them help... and certainly you did by posting the issue here.

I had a bad part delivered from them and Tom replaced it without a hassle.

Not trying to defend anyone for sending you a bad product - I understand your frustration, believe me. All I am saying is that we have to be reasonable on how we go about expecting a replacement when it occurs. One to two weeks is not out of the ordinary.

I always ask when I return a product how long it will take...and get the guys name who gave me the answer. If they give me an answer I don't want to hear.. I find a different way to fix the problem.. usually by fixing it myself.

Honestly, if I sold you the product and it failed, and you were not abusive or combative when you reported the problem, I would have replaced it and battled with manufacturer myself. There are those LHS and many online shops however that wont do that and let the customer deal with the problem. I don't really agree with that either.

I don't know how you handled the situation, so I can only generalize.. This was not meant to be a personal attack, but more of a suggestion to anyone who wants to air out an incident with a supplier - try to resolve the problem peacefully and rationally. If you truly got screwed or taken advantage of.. well then LET IT FLY!

In this case, I feel the rant is somewhat unjustified. Perhaps the only fault I see here is Servo City should have replaced the DOA instead of leaving you to deal with it.

DP
Old 05-06-2005, 11:08 AM
gjmjoe017

No offense taken.I'm just like everyone else,just want my plane in the air.Actually,I didn't get rude with either Servo City or Hitec,just got no one to respond in what I thought was a reasonable way.By the way I was told I had to send it back to Hitec by Servo City.Oh well,I guess it will get her when it gets here.Wasn't trying to sound like an A-hole,just really P-OD that I am having to wait two to three weeks,which is probably what it will be,to get a replacement.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:25 AM
famousdave

I have no idea what the circumstances were or the what the failure really was so I can't pass judgement on Servo City, but IMO if the servo was truly DOA out of the box Servo City should have stepped up and sent you a new one... but that's me.

Hopefully you'll get your plane flying soon!
DP
Old 05-06-2005, 12:57 PM
MikeMayberry

gjmjoe017- I'm sorry to hear about the problem. It is up to the retailer if they choose to take back an item that is claimed to be defective out of the box or not. The manufacturer, in this case Hitec, is ultimately responsible. Be aware that our turn around time is 7 to 10 "working" days from the time we get it until we ship it back out. It sould like you only talked to us after you sent the item in and we were at 5 working days at that point. Your return was put in line just as every return we get.

Hitec is very proud of the level of service we provide our customers and if you do a search you will see that we are arguably the best of the best... we must follow established guidlines though. We do however, have an unwritten policy in which we will replace defective items that are less than one month old by shipping out the replacement along with a call tag to pick up the defective unit. All we ask is for a copy of the receipt and a CC# just in case we don't get the defective item back we would charge the CC. If you would have contacted us first we could have done this. Once it is sent in it must go through the normal channels unless something different was prearranged. To condemn us for simply following our established service proceedures seems a little unfair.

I'd be happy to check on the status of your repair but I need your full name and zip code to look it up.

Mike.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:36 PM
famousdave

Well said Mike..

DP
Old 05-06-2005, 06:31 PM
gjmjoe017

Got a really nice email from Steve Morton and he said I would have a servo in 3 days.That is all I ever expected,so as far as I am concerened it's a happy ending for me.I won't beat a dead horse anymore and I told Steve in my return email that his response keeps me as a customer,as I think Hitec makes a great product.
Joe McCullar
Old 05-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Warjet
My Feedback: (327)

Glad everything worked out, just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. I'm lucky enough to drive past Hitec's building a couple of times a week to work. I've dropped off many things for check out and/or repair (transmitters, receivers mostly), in many cases the tech checked it out on the spot and fixed it right there while I waited. Other times when it had to go in the shop, they even mailed it back to me (free) when I couldn't get back there for a couple of days after it was fixed, and I'm only 9 miles away. I don't know how you can get any better than that.......................

PS: Now don't everybody call them and and tell them "Warjet says you fixed his stuff right then and there"!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:06 PM
ChuckA

There is no excuse for this thread. I don't believe anybody who starts off blasting anybody or any company in the title. Shows a lack on civil behavoir. No wonder they never get the good service I usually get.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its ok to highlight a poor experience with a company. However, it is equally more important to do it using civil language. You lost your argument with me 3 words into it when I encounted the word "sucks". I, like you, am very particular when it comes to service and won't tolerate anything less than outstanding service. However, use some honey next time instead of vinegar and you will find that you do not have to go online to get the results you seek.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are those that know that I don't use Hitec products anymore, but when I did, I ALWAYS found that their service was outstanding. Taking the time to make the call about a defective or broken product and finding out what policies are prior to returning the product will leave you with a clear picture of what to expect every time.

To this day, I still only hear positive things about the Hitec service department.