Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6 EPA Ambiguity

Old 05-06-2005, 03:56 PM
CFIMEI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 EPA Ambiguity

Hi,

In my Optic 6 I am changing the value of EPA on channel 2 (elev) & this is what is happening: I have the elev stick at rest in its exact center & am operating the data buttons to change EPA value. The display indicates "R/D" (right or down) but when the data buttons are used & the confirming beeping is evident the data shown does not change. Then, when the stick is moved at all below center, the indication changes to "L/U" (left or up) & the displayed data reflects the changes that have been entered but were previously hidden. It looks as though the Tx is using a center pot value to tell it which quadrant the stick is in, for programming purposes, but is interpreting it one way for up/down indication & the other way for where to display the EPA setting. Is this another 'calibration" error or is it firmware defect & can it be fixed, whichever it is? I haven't noticed it on other channels......yet.

Thanks

CFIMEI

Old 05-06-2005, 04:13 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Optic 6 EPA Ambiguity

There is no "error" or "Firmware defect!" This is normal in all the Hitec computer radios. The stick must be in the area you want to set. When the stick is in the center it will either pick one side or flicker between both depending on the calibration and/or trim setting. This means if you want to set "up" elevator you must move the stick slightly in the up direction, and so on with all the control surfaces.

Mike.