Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS 635 HB issues and queries

Old 05-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Spoiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS 635 HB issues and queries

A few of us are using them as aileron servos in our Funtana 90's. We have suffered flutter related gear failure of the Karbonite gears. We run them on 6v systems. My servos are very smooth to move manually but seem to lack much inherent resistance, unlike my BB JR servos - i.e its very easy to move them and the weight of the ailerons makes them droop when there is no power applied. With power on the same servos are quite noisy, not jittery but noisy, as if they are fighting the weight of the control surface. Is this normal? It makes me think the servos are not as good as the rated 6kg/83oz at 6v torque. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:50 AM
tohm

Default RE: HS 635 HB issues and queries

It sounds like you are using the digital HS635 servos. I say this because they can produce a high pitch noise when holding position. This is normal. As for resistance, the Karbonite gear trains are very smooth and do offer very little resistance.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Fun2Fly3D
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: HS 635 HB issues and queries

How would you rate the karbonite gears in strength?

Titanium
Metal
Karbonite
nylon
??????

Are the karbonite as strong as metal and smoother? What are the benifits of Karbonite?

Thanks

V