Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS605 dies, model too.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:43 PM
John Hawkins
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS605 dies, model too.

Yesterday I experienced the crash of my 1/5th scale T28 due to the failure of a Hitec HS605 on the elevator. It appears that the yellow wire from the pot broke away from the circuit board due to poor resitance to vibration. The loss of course hurts. While the model was a number of years old it was just starting on the fifth gallon of fuel through the ST2500. It appears that servo intended to replace the 605 have taken measures to withstand vibration. Would that I had known the problem. I have made what I hope is judged an objective review of what happened here and have posted it on my web site:
[link=http://rcalbum.rchomepage.com/Home.html]which is here and can be found on the left of the page[/link]

There is a video and then a look inside the servo.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:31 PM
tohm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HS605 dies, model too.

John,

Sorry to hear about what happened. If you would like the servo repaired please send it to the service dept.