Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Disapointment with Eclipse7

Old 06-21-2005, 08:34 AM
jemke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disapointment with Eclipse7

I purchased two new Hitec Eclipse 7 transmitters to replace my JR transmitters and have decided that they are just too dangerous to fly in positive shift mode. They work well enough in negitive shift although the spectra module only puts out half the output of my JR and cheapie Futaba transmitters but on positive shift they are totally useless.

I tested the two Eclipse 7s on five different receivers including a brand new Z dual conversion Airtronics which I believe is one of the most dependable positive shift receivers on the market. In all cases Jr 610M, Jr 700, Airtronics 92777 and two older Airtronics non-Z receivers the Hitec Eclipse 7 failed miserably at less than 100 yards. I have used these same receivers with my JR 6102 at great distances especially the one JR 610M which is in a 2 meter sail plane. I have controlled this plane when I could barely see it because of a hot Florida thermal.

I believe the problem may be the spectra module. I am wondering if the fixed channel modules put out more power than the spectra which seems to be really weak when compared to the JR and Futaba as signal aplitude displayed on my scope.

I am hoping to recover my investment in these two transmitters. If the fixed channel modules put out more power, I will try one before I dump these transmitters on ebay rather than trust them in the air.

Mike Scott [&o]