Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Swapped crystal - changed trims??

Old 06-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Yo! Team Green
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapped crystal - changed trims??

I fly Hitec 555 receivers in several of my race planes and recently swapped crystals from one to another (same channel) while performing some testing related to range checking. I had flown the plane in the morning and it was well-trimmed. After the crystal swap, the rudder, ailerons, and elevator were all out of trim. Is it possible for a crystal swap to result in trim changes?

Old 06-22-2005, 03:35 PM
tohm

Default RE: Swapped crystal - changed trims??

The crystals do not affect the trims. I would start looking elsewhere. What transmitter are you using?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Yo! Team Green

The transmitter is a Futaba T8UAF. I have the Campac module installed and this particular plane is stored oonce in the Tx memory and once in the Campac. This plane's trim was messed up in both places. 5 other planes that I have tested are all OK. I am definitely at a loss for an explanantion to the trim change.
>Thom
Old 06-23-2005, 10:47 AM
tohm

I'm at a loss also. If you like I can take a look at the receiver, but I'm not sure if I'll find anything.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Yo! Team Green

I appreciate your offer but I am going to do a little more tinkering this weekend. I'll swap the crystals back and see if there's a change (I know there should be no change). A little closer look at the transmitter is also warranted. Thanks for your info. I will post back here if I find anything definite. >Thom