Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Which Servo?

Old 06-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Servo?

Good morning. Have a question I hope you can help me with.

I am assembling a 40 size Ultimate Bipe made by The World Models. Weight is 4.5 lbs and wingspan is 42 inches.
This is not a 3D plane as the control surfaces are quite small. The ailerons are 1" x 18" per wing half. There is one servo in the center of the bottom wing which controls all 4 ailerons.
Anyhow, my question is this.

The manual does not offer any information regarding recommended servo size. The aileron servo cutout is not designed for a standard size servo. I could enlarge the servo cutout but it is not intend. Obviously they had something else in mind. The servo opening is 1-1/4" x 11/16 x 3/4" high. What Hitec servo would you recommend for this application? Thank you.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Which Servo?

Hmmm. OK let me ask this please.

How does the Hitec 225MG compare to the Futaba S3002. The specs look similar but at 1/2 the price there must ba a difference. Airborne models recommended the futaba s3002. Would the 225MG work here?
Old 06-27-2005, 12:38 PM
tohm

Default RE: Which Servo?

The torque of the two servos is roughly the same, but the 225MG is faster.