Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5600 Series Digitals

Old 07-15-2005, 04:59 AM
olstoney
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5600 Series Digitals

Good Day All,
I just received my five 5600 series digitals back from being setup by Hitec service, thank you. I do have a question though as I need to purchase some Airwild servo horns to allow more throw. I noticed that the 4-HS-5625MG servos do not have crosses on the output shafts. The HS-5645MG does have the output shaft marked with a cross. What is the difference with this if any? I know that Airwild has two different part numbers for output shafts marked with or without the cross markings. They do advise that this pertains to coreless servos though. I also noticed that all of the 5625's are version 1.04 and the 5645 is a version 1.03. What is the difference in the versions and would the 5645 have been updated when it was setup? I'm new to digitals, so please bear with me. Thank you.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:37 AM
tohm

Default RE: 5600 Series Digitals

When you compare the two types of splines there is a slight difference. Depending on if the output arm has a cross or not, you will want to use the corresponding Airwild horn. The difference between the versions is electrical so there is no way to update one to the other.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:47 PM
olstoney
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: 5600 Series Digitals

Tony,
I bought all five of these servos at the same time. Looks like the major mail order source dumped an older version 1.03 servo on me then. I think I'll request a replacement, but why would the newer version 1.04 5625'S not have the cross?. I read in an earlier post that all of the later production run Hitec MG digitals have the cross. There is no date codes on any of these either, how can I determine when they were manufactured? Thanks, Brian...