Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5955 clarification please

Old 08-20-2005, 08:27 AM
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5955 clarification please

I am awaiting delivery of the latest new stock 5955's. These are coming straight from Hitec to one of their large distributors, who was out of stock, so I am assuming these will be the latest firmware version that Hitec has released. I have a programmer which is at Hitec right now being updated as well.
[*] I will be using 5 of them - 2 elevator, 2 aileron, 1 rudder in a 50cc plane. [*] There will also be a throttle servo and choke servo. [*] Each servo will be plugged into a separate receiver channel in a Futaba 149DP PCM receiver, flown by a 14MZ. [*] Since it's a gas plane, I always test with PPM then run PCM for flying.[/ul]

Will I experience any of the problems people have mentioned with Futaba PCM receivers with the 5955 servos?

If yes, what steps do I need to take to avoid problems?

Last question:
Mike, you've said we need to provide adequate power to the servo. I was planning to run dual Li-Ion batteries, 2200 or 2400's with voltage regulators, through an EMS Jomar Battery Backer (not sure it can handle the current, though). Do I really need to go with heavy 4800's to feed these servos?[ul]

Old 08-20-2005, 08:28 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 5955 clarification please

You won't have any issue with separate channel sources for each servo with Futaba PCM RX's. The latest inventory is without a designation. Newly released v1.04 revisions may or may not have the updated component.

Two 2400 Lithium’s-Ions with separate switches/regulators is fine with this servo load.

I'd loose the Battery Backer gadget, there’s no reason to install it IMO. With the two regulators your isolating the batteries from one another and you have the reserve of both batteries on line all the time.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:40 PM
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5955 clarification please

Thanks!!