Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec transmitter parts

Old 09-07-2005, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitec transmitter parts

I need a replacement battery cover. You know the one the slips off and on to open and close the battery compartment. Broke the plastic tabs off the bottom and now they wont stay closed without some duct tape. I get some thumbs up for a new use of duct tape (they calll it DUCK tape) from the rednecks at the field and turned up noses from the purest ones.

Tried looking at the Hitec website for the part but could not find it. Emailed them and havent got a answer.

Anyone know where I can get 2 of them (yeah I got 2 busted ones)? I tried my local hobby shop He called his supplier and was told maybe next year due to a special order that they could not promise would be filled. He suggested I send them to Hitec for replacement. Dont really want to do that for just the covers........[&o].

Hope someone has a source.

Larry
Old 09-07-2005, 10:37 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Hitec transmitter parts

Have you tried 1-858-748-8440 or [email protected] ?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:03 PM

I have not called the 800 number, I have emailed them and have not received a answer yet. I wil try the phone number..

Thanks for the quick response, hope it helps.

Larry
Old 09-08-2005, 05:11 PM

Guess what, the phone number worked great. A gentleman told me he would scrounge up 2 doors and send them to me free of charge!!!!

I really like the FREE part.

Thanks for the info..

Larry
Old 09-26-2005, 05:46 PM

Bummer, called Hitec on 9/7, asked them if I could buy 2 new covers for my transmitters. They said no they would send them out for free.

As of today I'm still using duct tape to hold the batteries in.

Maybe if I paid for them I would have them by now???[&o]

Larry
Old 09-26-2005, 05:56 PM

Another bummer[]

Just talked to a service rep at Hitec. Told him of my long wait and again offered to buy them. I was told they dont sell them, and they dont stock them, but did say he would go out in the return area and see if he sould scrounge up some covers.

Last time I looked Hitec is still selling the Eclipse 7 transmitters. Maybe someone should contact the manufacture in the far East and ask for some to be shipped to the USA.

At this time I am really willing to buy them.

I wonder what would happen if I sent my transmitter in for repairs and they have no parts.....[&o]