Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Digital Servos

Old 09-20-2005, 01:54 PM
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Digital Servos

I know this was covered many, many years ago, but I couldn't really find it after searching through many older posts.

I've got several 5945 digital servos that's never been run that's dated Mar 02. Many years ago, I remember many posts that dealt with some early versions of these servos locking up, particularly when the ATV was set around or above 140%. I believe this was some sort of issue with various Receiver manufacturers haven't different deadbands maybe... again, this has been a long time ago. My understanding is you could send them back to Hitec and they would program it with the correct values and/or use a programmer to correct it myself. I've got a programmer, but don't know what I need to set--what values, what options, etc? Does anybody remember this? If so, could you forward me the information? Many years ago this was posted on Hitec's site, but unfortunately, I didn't write it down nor print it.

Thanks ahead of time for any information provided!

Gerry
Old 09-21-2005, 12:12 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Digital Servos

Gerry

Mar 02 servos should not be a problem with 140% ATV driving the servos past factory programmed parameters.

When you turn on your programmer what revision number is displayed momentarily? V1.03 or HFP-10 is desirable; anything else requires a free update.

You can reprogram your servos with the hand held programmer by simply "RESETTING". This will update the servo software, but you'll need the v1.03 or better programmer software or you can return them to Hitec for the free service.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:39 AM
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! I've got V1.03 software. As a follow up, should I send the programmer in to get the latest software, which I believe is 1.04 from looking at other posts?

Thanks,

Gerry
Old 09-21-2005, 01:07 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

v1.03 software is fine for your servos, there is NO advantage or need for v1.04 updates unless you have v1.04 servos and or current release stuff. v1.04 software was developed to work with a program deviation realized with v1.04 servos specifically. That said you can use v1.04 software with earlier servos, but as I mention there is NO advantage.