Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

1/4 scale gasser servo question for Mike

Old 10-07-2005, 04:17 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1/4 scale gasser servo question for Mike

Hi Mike,
I have a 1/4 scale Super Decathalon built from an out of production Pilot kit. It has a 90 something inch w/s with servos for each aileron. It will be powered by a Quadra 35 or something similar to that . I have a hitec 700 servo that has been rebuilt by Hitec that is going to the rudder via pull-pull. I need some advice on servos for the ailerons as well as the elevator(will more than likely use dual servos for the elevator) What is a good servo(s) thats not 4 arms and 1 tank for gas for the car without going to digital? A friend suggested using the 645 metal gear on all the surfaces? Do you think the 700 servo I mentioned will be ok for the rudder?
Since this is my 1st gasser as well as large plane , I didnt have a clue on what to use so I thought I would come to you and ask. I didnt know how much servo torque I needed for this plane?
Whats the best for the money wthout breaking the bank- and I do realize you get whats you pay for Also, can you give me a rough idea on cost for the servos you mention?
I thank you soooo much in advance!!! John
Old 10-10-2005, 11:39 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 scale gasser servo question for Mike

The HS-700 will be fine for the rudder and the HS-645's are by far the best bang for the buck. It sounds like you have already done your homework.

Mike.