Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Most precise for throttle?

Old 10-09-2005, 01:49 PM
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most precise for throttle?

I've been using Futaba 9001's for throttle on my larger planes, including gas, for a few years. I'm now looking for a Hitec alternative. At $29 the 9001's are very precise coreless servos. The resolution is in the 1-2 uSec range on the HFP-10.

Unfortunately, their customer service is lousy, and after having had 15 or so of these, one failed 5 minutes out of the box and they actually gave me a hard time about warranty repair. Nothing at all like dealing with the excellent service from Hitec, in the rare times I've ever needed it for receivers or servos. Everything else I use is Hitec, including 5955's. I guess I need to find a different throttle servo!

What is the most precise, reasonably priced Hitec servo that I can use for throttle? I'd like to avoid digitals like the 5245, because with the vibration of gas engines, I don't want to have something drawing tons of power trying to keep itself centered.

Was thinking the nylon gear $29 HS-525 5 pole might be the best alternative. Recommendations?
Old 10-10-2005, 11:42 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Most precise for throttle?

The 525 is a good choice; I use them in my nitro vehicles for throttle and find the resolution to be very good.

Mike.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:39 PM
My Feedback: (87)

Thanks, Mike.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:32 PM
My Feedback: (62)

Would they stand up to 35 and 40% gas usage Mike?