Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Flash 5 w/ three channels

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 01:57 AM
diser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash 5 w/ three channels

I just got a Hitec Flash 5 and i also have a 3 channel airplane w/ throttle, elevator, and rudder and i was wondering how i could get it so both the rudder and aileron sticks controlled the rudder
Old 11-17-2002, 12:08 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Try this

Diser with that radio and a three function airplane that you want both sticks to operate the rudder and not use the fourth servo, this will work. Plug the rudder servo into the channel #4 port as usual, nothing is plugged into the channel #1 aileron port. Now enable rudder to aileron mix (which is avaliable on this radio) follow the manual for this pre programed mix and set the mix at 100% which will allow both sticks to move the rudder at the same throw without the need to have anything plugged into the #1 aileron port.

If you use End point adjustments or on the rudder you will need to setup the same endpoint percentages on Channel #1 also to get the same response from either stick. You can also use dual rates on the ch #1 stick but only on the right aileron stick since the Flash 5X does not support DR on the CH #4 rudder stick.

John
Old 11-18-2002, 05:20 PM
MikeMayberry

diser- I don't know why you would want to do this. I would just plug the rudder into channel 1 since you will want to operate it with your right stick, not the left.

Mike.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:03 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mike sorry for popping up on this one and not sure what Diser's reason is but doing this for some protracted glider flights is very handy to change thumbs a little for directional particularly when you are reclining for for along period.

John
Old 11-18-2002, 10:14 PM
diser

Default the reason

the reason is this i have always steered on the ground with my right hand and in the air with my left and i would hate to be at full throotle on the ground and try and steer with the wrong hand
Old 11-19-2002, 04:52 PM
MikeMayberry

Fair enough!