Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5900 series and Futaba pcm

Old 01-07-2006, 03:49 PM
ronk1
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5900 series and Futaba pcm

I have two new 5945's that have the 1.04 version sticker on them. When connected to a Y they do not work correct (shutter or quit). I do have some that are marked 5.10 (mfg date I would think) and they seems to work fine when used with a Y. I thought the only servo's you had a problem with was the 5955's when using Futaba PCM. I will be sending in the 1.04's but how do you know if a 59 series servo is updated or not? If it has a date type sticker (IE 5.10) does that mean they are updated? I have been told the 1.04's work fine with Hitec PCM but I would think you sell more servo's to Fataba users then people using Hitec PCM equipment.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:08 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 5900 series and Futaba pcm

Any revision v1.04 early release servo may not function with a wye driven from a Futaba PCM RX it was discovered subsequent to release. Futaba PCM RX's are not able to provide adequate sinking current to drive multiples. Once Hitec realized this was an issue they updated a component in the servos to remedy this shortcoming.

Return all of your v1.04 servos to Hitec Service for the free update.