Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Failed Spectra module!

Old 06-11-2006, 09:10 AM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failed Spectra module!

OK,I talked both my brother and brother-in-law into buying !QUOT!Optic6!QUOT! transmitters.I don't own one myself because I fly on 6 meter frequencies,and Hitec no longer supports them(although I do have a couple Hitec receivers).
The first time my brother-in-law took his !QUOT!New!QUOT! radio to the flying field,it just quit transmitting after a few minutes.It worked fine using the module from my brother's radio,so he sent it to Hitec for repair.What he got back was a module lacking the locking tabs,for insertion into the transmitter,AND a piece of !QUOT!Velcro!QUOT! for fastening it to the transmitter.He ain't happy with that,and wants to know why he can't get a suitable module that !QUOT!Fits!QUOT! his radio(Just like the one He sent back).
My brother recently lost all control,while flying his P-51.The resulting crash was a total loss.Since this they have both been reading stories about !QUOT!Optic6!QUOT! radio failing while using the !QUOT!Spectra!QUOT! module.I'm starting to take a lot of flack for recommending the !QUOT!Optic6!QUOT! to them.
Please tell me that my brother-in-law can get a module which fits correctly,And that I can prove to them that the radio systems are sound and !QUOT!airworthy!QUOT!!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:24 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Failed Spectra module!

Sorry to hear about the problem. I would suggest he calls us to discuss this further. (858) 748-6948.

Mike.