Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

base loaded antenna

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 04:16 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default base loaded antenna

Mike, I've used your receivers(I have maybe 15 currently) and I swapped the receiver in one of my small helos out with a platinum, I use a base loaded deans antenna, and I found with the TX antenna down I would only get 20-30 feet of reception. I bought a new deans thinking maybe the antenna had gone bad but even with the new one it's no better. Best case snipping and testing I get maybe 40 feet. The same antenna on another Hitech receiver is good. With the stock antenna it's good. Any ideas?
Old 12-26-2002, 08:29 PM
Glen Merritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a mystery. The base loaded antennas work really good with all the Hitec Rx. products I have tried.

The real test is a proper range check and yours apparently did not pass the test. We will bench test the Rx. for you if you send it in.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:07 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Glenn, if you don't mind I'll send in the rcvr with the original antenna and the short pigtail/ base loaded antenna. The pigtail is the length I could get the best range at. Any info would be appreciated. It's more a curiosity thing since as I said other RCD rcvrs have worked fine with the deans antenna.