Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Range with ant collapsed?

Old 06-12-2006, 07:50 PM
mustang4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range with ant collapsed?

I have an Eclipse with HPD-07RH Q-PCM receiver which has only done 20 or so flights, all with smooth landings! Yesterday I got a bad glitch which I managed to recover from and landed safely. On checking, I found that I had 15-17 paces of ground range with the antenna collapsed. The manual says I should have around 30 paces. It was running in PCM mode. The temperature on the day was around 13C. Could this have been the cause as it hasn't happened before? Could the tuning have changed over time?
Thanks,
Adrian
Old 06-13-2006, 05:05 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Range with ant collapsed?

The temp should not affect the range. Did it range check better at first?

Mike.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:27 PM
mustang4me

Default RE: Range with ant collapsed?

Although I have figures for my other Hitec Tx's and receivers, I hadn't got to doing that receiver as was a QPCM, and the others were PPM. However, the other figures show that the Eclipse tx gives about half the ant-down range of the Focus 6 and the Optic. But I doubt that it is the rf problem. More likely to be the amount of antenna exposed/length when collapsed causing the difference. I'll do some tests from a tower to determine ground range with the antenna extended.

I did some checks last night in the cold, and got 14 paces in the cold ambient temperature, and 27 paces if I placed the receiver between a pair of warmed soup plates for a few minutes. I shall continue testing.
Is there any chance of identifying which coils perform which function so I can tweak it for my freq? It may be set for another optimum frequency. At least, it would help if I knew the antenna/rf coil.

Thanks for your attention....

Adrian.