Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HFS 04MG & servo ganging and/or BEC Bypass?

Old 06-21-2006, 09:37 PM
DCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HFS 04MG & servo ganging and/or BEC Bypass?

Quick question from an electronic tech;

I am planing to remove some mechanical loading from a HS-55 by running 2 separate HS-55s with a Y harness, perhaps even some ailerons (3ea HS-55s. The binding is too much on this ARF, I hate servos that can't find their way home.

This is going to operate from a 3 Channel radio. The Rudder, Steering & Ailerons will have their own servos. In my Hi-Tec Radio Manual, there was some limited documentation regarding a !QUOT!BEC Bypass!QUOT! circuit. Q: Can I run a voltage along the Red (+) & Blk (-) Receiver bus with another voltage source (a receiver battery) and still not back feed the voltage source from my brushless BEC output connected to the receiver into the throttle channel (CH 3)?

Also is the BEC a regulated source? I have put together a 5 volt regulator (2 Amp) that I could hook directly into my 11.1V LiPo to parallel into the servo Red & Blk wires as I think your documentation is trying to show, The only thing that threw this 30 year tech was that the diagram only shows 2 (not 3) wires going to the servo at the !QUOT!bottom!QUOT! of a Y harness.

Thanks In Advance
Doug Christensen
Old 06-22-2006, 02:05 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HFS 04MG & servo ganging and/or BEC Bypass?

You'll need to remove the red wire from the ESC to the RX if you plan on using a separate power source for the RX.

Mike.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:38 PM
DCX

Thanks Mike,

I believe I've figured it out since my last post. Please have a look at this schematic. It shows what I'm thinking about. I will keep the
reciever powered with the BEC from the ESC. The servo power will come from the 5V regulator (7805 in a TO 220 package). Each of
these power sources will all share the same ground.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76173.gif
Views:	29
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	481299  
Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

No, you will need to connect the regulator to the reciever just like a separate battery in a glow model, and then remove the red wire from the servo connector from the ESC as not to supply power to the RX from it.

Mike.