Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 5645

Old 07-13-2006, 08:51 AM
juanes1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 5645

Hi, I got some 5645 servos from tower hobbies, they will be driving a WH YAK 54 on the elevators and the ailerons.
I have futaba 9153 servos that are great, the problem is that they are a lot bigger that the standard servo, so I went to hitec because of the great selection and price.
The problem is that I didn´t carefully read all the info on the 5645´s and it turns out that these servos are not coreless, so my questions are:
Are these servos precise even though they are not coreless?
I don´t have a programer for them, Are they programed exactly the same in the factory? will there be any centering problems?
Are they OK for use with a futaba 319DP PCM synthetised receiver? (I heard that some hitecs don´t work well with futaba receivers because of the low power signal in these receivers)
Any comments are welcome
Thanks
John
Old 07-13-2006, 07:15 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec 5645

The 5645's should work fine on the WH Yak.

As you note they are 3-pole cored motor servos so they will not center as well as coreless servos, will you have problems with centering; not likely.

Hitec digitals are like any other out of the box, so it’s hit and miss in regard to matched servos at center. You do not need a Programmer, BUT it’s incredibly useful...

Some of our early release revision v1.04 digital servos had issue with the inability of Futaba PCM RX's to source the required sinking current when two or more servos were paired up and driven from a single channel source. Hitec realized the shortcoming and later updated a component value to solve the dilemma. If you’re not going to wye your servos there is no concern. And or the servos can be updated free of charge by Hitec USA since you purchased them from Tower. You can determine of your servos are early release by simply connecting a wye to two v1.04 digitals (any model number) and see if they follow control input.