Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS55 Problem child

Old 07-28-2006, 02:23 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HS55 Problem child

After a two plus year hiatus away from Hitec, I finally broke down and decided to purchase 4-HS55 servos for a foamy. It was the thought of having a mini servo with longer servo arms, you see. Not the price, not the service, but longer arms.

I should of known better. Of the four servos, one had a stripped gear when it came out of the box, before it was even powered up. It's not an expensive servo, it's not a high end or high torque servo, but once again you guys took a bite out of my rear.

Thanks Hitec.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:42 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HS55 Problem child

Well Pat only you... Sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately stuff happens. Is it possible the damage to the servo gear-train happened after the fact i.e., returned and or damaged by a previous owner et al the Hobby Shop or; and was unknowingly sold to another? Anyhow; if Hitec and the other OEM's never had problems (and we know they all do!!!) these forums would be all but boring.

I can honestly say without reservation this is not atypical, of the hundreds of these servos we have used since the foamie rage we have yet to have a failure out of the box. In fact these servos are so resilient to wear and tear even I have been truly amazed. We have subjected the 55's to every possible kind of crash damage IMO, truly R&D at the purest level.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As we all know, anything's possible. The H.S. had 5, I got 4. I guess one of the one's I have should have stayed there while taking the other one. Woulda, shoulda, coulda....

I have a couple of spare 8611. I wonder how one would work out in a 12 ounce foamy
Old 07-28-2006, 02:42 PM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mglavin
I can honestly say without reservation this is not atypical
I think you didn't really mean to say that, either you meant "not typical" or "atypical" but the double negative created by using "not atypical" means "is typical".

Just in case someone gets the wrong idea :-)
Old 11-25-2006, 10:07 PM
RS-cap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have at least 20 hs-55 servo's on various foam and small built up planes and find them to be the most durable on the market. We regularly fly in a gym with 3 to 5 planes in the air and midairs are a regular part of each sundays flying but with a little CA or hot glue they fly again and I have only trashed one grear train in two years of this "full combat" flying.