Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

I Have A Problem

Old 08-19-2006, 10:25 PM
slopeguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Have A Problem

I have a Hitec Optic Spectrum and I am using it in my 33% Extra. The servo leads needed to be lengthened so that they would reach from the elevator to the area that I installed my receiver. As I have done many times I cut the leads and soldiered an 18 inch piece to the servo leads to get the required length. After heat shrinking and installing the servo I test them to see if they were centered correctly. After centering them I connected my arms and pushrods to the servos and everything worked perfectly. NOW... tonight I turn on the Transmitter and one servo is working and the other is not ??? I plugged the servo into to another rx and nothing. I did a continuity check and that is good. Whats up ???
The servo I am using is a HS645MG high torque servo. I have done this on all my large planes and have never had a problem with it. Kind of leaves me a little uncomfortable flying if you know what I mean. Has anyone else had any experience with the 645MG servos ?