Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

I Have A Problem

Old 08-19-2006, 10:27 PM
slopeguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Have A Problem

I have a Hitec Optic Spectrum and I am using it in my 33% Extra. The servo leads needed to be lengthened so that they would reach from the elevator to the area that I installed my receiver. As I have done many times I cut the leads and soldiered an 18 inch piece to the servo leads to get the required length. After heat shrinking and installing the servo I test them to see if they were centered correctly. After centering them I connected my arms and pushrods to the servos and everything worked perfectly. NOW... tonight I turn on the Transmitter and one servo is working and the other is not ??? I plugged the servo into to another rx and nothing. I did a continuity check and that is good. Whats up ???
The servo I am using is a HS645MG high torque servo. I have done this on all my large planes and have never had a problem with it. Kind of leaves me a little uncomfortable flying if you know what I mean. Has anyone else had any experience with the 645MG servos ?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:40 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I Have A Problem

Have you verified the servo is not functioning? Did you try the servo without the servo extension? Try cycling the servo connectors several times... Any chance the servo was bound up? New servo?
Old 08-20-2006, 11:07 AM
slopeguy

I have tried the servo hooked to another receiver and I have also tried it in other spaces on the receiver. I noticed this morning that another of the servos is experiencing the same problem, this one is for the left side aileron. I was thinking of unsoldering the extension and seeing if that made a difference. When I plug the aileron servo in it will jump to neutral but won't move after that.
Thanks
Old 08-20-2006, 07:04 PM
slopeguy

Yes Mike they are new servos. I have been trying to pin point the problem and have found one thing that may help determine the problem.
I hooked the 2 servos that are in working order to the receiver and turned on the Transmitter. I get a lot of chatter in those 2 flying surfaces...lots of it. If I hook the servos into another Hitec receiver the chatter goes away, however, that did not solve the problem with the other servos not working.
Thanks
Old 08-22-2006, 10:27 PM
slopeguy

I have also found that the servo for the aileron will not center. When I supply power to the servo it goes all the way in one direction instead of centering itself ?????
Old 08-23-2006, 02:30 AM
mglavin

Would you describe the components-specifications used to rig this model?

Which RX's ports are used and for what?

Has the TX been programmed to use "FLAPERONS"?
Old 08-23-2006, 04:31 PM
slopeguy

Hitec Optic 6 Channel with the module. The receiver is HFD-08RD RCD3500. Servos as follows:
Ailerons - HS645MG Qty. 2 With soldiered on extensions.
Rudder - HS 645MG Qty. 1 No extension
Elevator- HS 645MG Qty. 2 With soldiered on extension
Throttle HS 322HD Qty. 1 No extension
Wire used for extensions was heavy duty servo wire

Port #1 - Aileron
Port #2 - Elevator
Port #3 - Throttle
Port #4 - Rudder
Port #5 - Elevator
Port #6 - Aileron

I have not programmed the TX for Flaperons.

After making my extensions for the elevators I plugged them into the RX and they worked as they should. I programmed my TX as you and I discussed a few weeks ago and they worked then also. The only thing that I did since then was to add the extensions. I did this the way I always do by cutting the servo lead midway between the servo and the plug. I matched red to red, yellow to yellow, and black to black. I soldiered them and used heat shrink tube on each of the wires. I then used a larger piece of heat shrink to secure all 3 wires. After the extensions were complete I plugged the elevator servos to the RX and they operated as they should. I disconnected them from the RX and went on to another part of the plane. The next day I decided to work on the ailerons as I did the elevator. When I plugged the elevator servos to the RX only one operated. I tried the aileron servo and it did not work either. I only hooked 1 aileron servo up because I need to purchase another, I was one short. I have not ordered the other servo yet, wanted to see where the problem is first.
Thanks,
Slopeguy
Old 08-24-2006, 01:39 PM
mglavin

You'll need to review the Optic 6 manual and activate Flaperon and Ailevator functions for the second elevator and aileron servo to operate harmoniously.