Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6 Model memory loss

Old 09-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 Model memory loss

Hello all, the other day i was flying my Float plane at the lake. I flew 6 awesome flights and then tried a loop and the engine stalled. Once i brought it in and started the engine back up i had no control over anything. Voltage on the TX and RX were good bu saved model 1 nothing works. All other 7 models i have programmed into the radio work fine. Can anyone help me

Flyboy76
Old 09-04-2006, 11:50 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Optic 6 Model memory loss

We have had some occurrence of model memory loss with the Optic if memory serves me.... If I recall specific parameters had to be in play to instigate same (its a software bug). It would be prudent to send the TX for a free inspection and software update IMO.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

That is what i will probably have to do. This sucks however as this is the time of year that i have the most free time for flying. Oh well.

Flyboy76
Old 09-19-2006, 05:17 PM
rbengines
My Feedback: (2)

I have the same radio and fly some very expensive aircraft on it. Why hasn't this been comunicated to optic 6 users? Why haven't there been a recall? What are the specific parameters?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:27 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Did you have the AAAA as the name listed for the model memory you lost. This was a problem that happend to only a small percentage of the Optics when they were first released. This was resolved a while ago with a software update. The latest software will not show a V# in the mail menu. The older software shows either V10 or V11.

Mike.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:44 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

I have the updated version of the optic 6 and it has done the same thing to me in the past. after re-inputing the information into "Model 1" about five times, i just stopped using "Model 1" and have had better luck with 2-9. Also, i did not have AAAA listed as the name.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:23 PM
BMonee
Banned

My transmitter was just updated at the manufacturer in June because it completely died.

Now it has completely died again. This transmitter is a poor quality product, even brand new. Mine only has about 2 hours of flight time on it and it has been sent to the manufacturer TWICE.

It would have been nice if the manufacturer put a little note in the packaging that says this transmitter is unreliable, faulty and of poor quality. It would have been nice to know this BEFORE i put $500 worth of equipment up in the air.

What a bad product.
BMonee