Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Flap servo over travelling

Old 09-03-2006, 11:11 PM
srpvw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flap servo over travelling

Hello
I am having trouble with my flap servo randomly moving to the extreme end of its travel and staying there. I am just setting up my plane and it has happened a few times
My Stuff
Eclipse 7
hitec dual conversion 7 channel rec
6 v 1500 ni me bat
ch 1 airlerons
ch 2 elev
ch 3 throttle
ch 4 rud
ch 5 retract
ch 6 flaps
flaperons are not activated
flaps at 30 %
no landing mix
Sometimes it happens when I move the airlerons and sometimes it happens when I am turning on the plane, and yes the radio is already on. Any sugestions would be helpful I am almost ready to take it up for the first time.

Thak-you

Steve
Old 09-04-2006, 11:30 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flap servo over travelling

Can you eliminate the FLAP servo variable by utilizing another servo to validate if the servo is the culprit and or something other, I.e., TX or RX? You can simply plug in the TEST servo without having to completely install same.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:24 PM
srpvw

I will give another servo a try , the only thing is, it is random I dont know when or if it going to happen
Thanks

Steve
Old 09-05-2006, 04:30 PM
srpvw

Tried another servo eventually did the same thing. So I thought maybe the servo is getting some kind of signal since it is on channel 6 even though flaperons are disabled.I plugged the flap servo into ch 7 and power into ch 6 adjusted the end point so the flaps only go down and nothing moved yet. I noticed the servo would move the odd time when I switched from high rate to low rate and moved the airlerons. I am going to test further turn on and off to make sure it is good. I hope to maiden the spit this weekend and it has to be perfect.

Thanks

Steve