Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec HFS- 05MS 5-Channel SC Micro Receiver

Old 09-24-2006, 07:36 PM
chrome350
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec HFS- 05MS 5-Channel SC Micro Receiver

I have a Futaba 9Z with a synthesized module.Will the Hitec HFS- 05MS 5-Channel SC Micro Receiver work with this radio?

Thanks,
Larry
Old 09-25-2006, 12:57 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec HFS- 05MS 5-Channel SC Micro Receiver

Larry,

I don't know the answer to this question... I'll try a O5MS RX with a synthesized "Z" later today and advise...
Old 09-25-2006, 03:27 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Larry- We've had reports that this combo will not work. It works fine on the Futaba fixed freq module but not with the synth module.

Mike.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:47 AM
Badger7196

I'm having problems with my JR 8103 radio and the 05SMS Receiver talking to each other. I stuck a JR Xtal into it and nothing. Do I need to buy a Xtal for this receiver on the the channel that my radio is tuned to? I have been in the hobby for a number of years now and haven't had this problem with JR / JR match ups but this is the first time I purchased a Hitec Rx. I am sold on their servos and building a flat out with V pitch I figured I would just get the flight pack. I mention this because I am having issues with JR Rx in my other planes but it's not a range, there is nothing there on the Rx end. My radio works fine on my other flying planes but not on the new ones I have built installing the electronics. Anyone with any help would be appriciated.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:03 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Badger7196
I'm having problems with my JR 8103 radio and the 05SMS Receiver talking to each other. I stuck a JR Xtal into it and nothing. Do I need to buy a Xtal for this receiver on the the channel that my radio is tuned to? I have been in the hobby for a number of years now and haven't had this problem with JR / JR match ups but this is the first time I purchased a Hitec Rx. I am sold on their servos and building a flat out with V pitch I figured I would just get the flight pack. I mention this because I am having issues with JR Rx in my other planes but it's not a range, there is nothing there on the Rx end. My radio works fine on my other flying planes but not on the new ones I have built installing the electronics. Anyone with any help would be appriciated.
HFS-05MS detail will not work anywhere close to full specification with any other brand of crystal than a Hitec single converison AM/FM crystal (match channel to that of your TX). NB: Always turn TX on before the RX as this receiver with auto gain and also auto shift on 72 MHz, will lock to the closest signal first received. Turn TX off last.
Golden rule: Always use same brand of crystal as unit the crystal is plugged into - very rare exceptions are as listed on the GWS crystal comparison chart (see posts below). The HFS-05MS has full range and is noted to be best value in it's class as detailed in the independant review referenced in the following recent answers to similar queries, which also provide answers to your other queries: Question - New and confused
Discussion - Hitec X-tal in Futaba Tx? Discussion - Replacement for old Featherlite
Much more info on my web page under "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ"
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 04-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Badger7196

Thanks, I thought it might be something like that but what about JR & JR. My brand new JR RS6UL doesn't work with a JR Xtal that works in another JR receiver. Could I have a bad one right out of the box? I've seen it before but at the same time I'm not getting a response from a used R610M but have no problem with a very old NER-226X. Isn't the RS6UL a replacement for the R610M? I'm so confused[:@]
Old 04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Badger7196 Thanks, I thought it might be something like that but what about JR & JR. My brand new JR RS6UL doesn't work with a JR Xtal that works in another JR receiver. Could I have a bad one right out of the box? I've seen it before but at the same time I'm not getting a response from a used R610M but have no problem with a very old NER-226X. Isn't the RS6UL a replacement for the R610M? I'm so confused[:@]
Unfortunately, with mass production of any items, there is always a small percentage say <.5% of error - unit may have been dropped in transit etc. However, in your case it is possible that you have fallen into a new JR trap for the unwary - JR now produce some receivers with either positive shift as used with 72 MHz for JR and Sanwa (aka Airtronics) and Negative shift as used by Futaba and Hitec on 72 MHz (note: JR/Airtronics use negaitive shift on their other frequencies). The shift is the way the FM signal is modulated. Because the modulated signal is different, you cannot use a negative shift transmitter with a positive shift receiver or visa versa. Your receiver will have either "POSITIVE" ot "NEGATIVE" printed across the top of the cover opposite the Pins as shown RS6UL
Check your 72 MHz receiver is "Positive" shift, which is the only shift your 72MHz JR TX operates.
If the above does not resolve your problem. subject is a little off topic here and suggest "Ask Danny at JR" JR Support Forum for further assistance with JR systems.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links