Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Servo resolution with Fusion 9 Rx

Old 09-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Riverdancer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo resolution with Fusion 9 Rx

Good Day Mike,

Seems I am having troubles with my set up..? Fusion 9 Rx, HS 5475 servos and Futaba 7U transmitter.

Question is as follows: My basement stairs are soother than my servos.. when you move the sticks slowly the servo just chatters through the travel. You can move the stick about 1/8th of an inch before the servos resopond. I have plugged in 5625's and they seem alot smoother .. I then switched over to the trusty Supreme 8 chanel and things improved. Lastly I have tryed a Futaba 9C and things improved again..still seems ratchety at best. One last detail the 7U was programed with 80% expo.. the 9C had no expo. I will try the same expo later.

The reason this is an issue is I am having unexplained responses in the airplane.. Flys like the servos are not coming back to center..I have flown this plane successfuly on a different set up. I will go back to the original radio gear and see if the flight trouble persists..

PS I almost lost it on the first flight because I just lost control for a few seconds.. (Passed the range check before take off and failed when I finaly got it back.. Changed the module and it seems to work good now as far as the range check goes... (Getting 50+ Paces)

Well I won't ramble on any more.. Bottom line is the flight characteristics are unpredictable right now.. Not sure what the trouble is.

Thanks for your ear.. have you heard any compatability issues with this receiver?

Thanks in advance..

Riverdancer
Old 09-25-2006, 12:54 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo resolution with Fusion 9 Rx

What modules(s) are being used, synthesized/standard or both?

Did the Supreme work as required, whereas the Fusion did not?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Riverdancer

Thanks for the quick reply,

The model number escapes me but they are not synthisized modules, they are 1994 vintage units.

I have not had a chance to put the supreme receiver in the air yet.. It fly's very strange the way it is I'm not comfortable with it ... the delayed reaction is the strangest thing then it will roll or pitch uncomanded.

I will keep you posted.. I am planning to fly it with a supreme receiver before the week is over as well as with a futaba 9C transmitter. (That was the original set up and it flew fine.)

I'm not sure if my transmitter (7UAP) is on the blink or what? I changed out both Tx and Rx and now I am having troubles. The servos different too.. same model though (HS5475's)

Thanks for your concern.. :0)

Riverdancer
Old 09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
mglavin

The delayed reaction you describe is synonymous with IPD technology indicating a weak link and or interference maybe present.

Problematic installations necessitate changing or eliminating one variable at a time and verifying the behavior thereafter. Multiple change outs make it hard to ascertain what was/is the root of the problem.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Riverdancer

Hello Micheal,

Ahhh..That might explain the behavior.. would that also explain the apperant resolution issue as well? If there is a delayed response that could explain the uncomanded pitch and roll..I could be overcontroling in response to the delay ( I hope that makes sence to you) Example.. I give input looking for a reaction but by the time it reacts the corection/input is too much or not enough as it were.. Very uneasy way to fly. I ask this because when I settle it down on approach and landing it seems OK.

Thanks for the info.. I was begining to think I was on grass..

I hear you about changing everything. I plan to go back to the orginal set up to get the airplane flying "Normally" again.. then I will start to add in things and see what happens. Do you have any recomendations that I could try. Range checks are good to 50 paces+.

Take Care

Riverdancer
Old 09-25-2006, 02:38 PM
mglavin

Range checks should be in the neighborhood of 70 paces...

As noted changeout one item at a time while observing changes if any.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Riverdancer

Thanks.. 70 paces? My transmitter instructions call for 20-30 meters (Paces) for the range check,both the Hitec and Futaba. I will follow up with my findings if you are interested.

I appreciate the input. I am not sure what I will do if my the airplane works properly on the supreeme Rx.. I do love the new stuff (Fusion 9) and I also like my old stuff (Futaba 7U)

Take Care

Riverdancer
Old 09-25-2006, 03:42 PM
mglavin

ORIGINAL: Riverdancer

Thanks.. 70 paces? My transmitter instructions call for 20-30 meters (Paces) for the range check,both the Hitec and Futaba. I will follow up with my findings if you are interested.

I appreciate the input. I am not sure what I will do if my the airplane works properly on the supreeme Rx.. I do love the new stuff (Fusion 9) and I also like my old stuff (Futaba 7U)

Take Care

Riverdancer
Some days....

20-30 paces is correct, 70 feet or better is what I should have suggested.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Riverdancer

Hey Micheal.. No troubles We all take our turn at that...

I'll keep in touch..

Riverdancer
Old 09-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Riverdancer

Hello Michael..

I tried the airplane with the 7U and a Supreme 8 today and it worked flawlessly. Nothing changed but the reciever. Any suggestions?

Does this new reciever need a very very clean signal to operate correctly?

Thanks in advance..

Riverdancer
Old 10-02-2006, 10:14 PM
mglavin

You may simply have a BAD apple... Can you test the RX in another model or perhaps with a different TX?
Old 10-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Riverdancer

Good Day Michael..

You could be right there, I may just have a bad one.. I will return it for and exchange and see.

In the mean time I will use the trusty.. supreme 8

Take Care Riverdancer