Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS-125 MG

Old 10-17-2006, 03:03 PM
barto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-125 MG

Hello,

I've been looking for more info, opinions for the HS-125 MG servo. I intend to use it on the ailerons on my Thermofluegel 3.5m ASW 28.

On [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4778738/tm.htm]this link[/link] they say that there are quite some bad experiences with it. I couldn't find any extra info here on RCU. Can someone share his opinion?

Thanks,

Bart

Old 10-19-2006, 11:07 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HS-125 MG

Bart,

The link does not work for me?

Like with any product, if its applicable within its design criteria and or specification all should be well. That said I have know experiecnce with the types of models your interested in.

The 125's were designed and are noted to be used with sailplanes, I suspect the term sailplanes is a little to broad as some sailplanes are high performance and this is simply a sport servo.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:15 PM
barto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HS-125 MG

Hey Michael,

the link works fine for me. Try [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4778738/tm.htm]this[/link] , maybe it works...

I see your point on the term sailplanes. The one I'm building is a 'normal' thermal/slope sailplane and I intend to fly it that way. Meaning 'scale' so no high speed dives or aerobatics for me.

The HS 125-MG is at first sight a very good servo for what I intend to use it for, it's small, ball-bearings, enough torque and metal gear. Another option is the HS-85MG but that one is a bit bigger... Since the 125 is designed for use in glider wings I would like to use that one.

It's just the rumors of people having bad experience with it, which they speak of in the link, that gives me some doubts. Therefore I'm looking for some feed-back.

Did you use the HS 125 before?

grtz,
Bart